Summerside Port Corporation Inc.
Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- An approach channel with a width of 80 metres and a depth of 6.7 metres
- Holman’s Wharf – a finger pier type steel sheet piling structure which was reconstructed in 1951.
- Queen’s Wharf – an “L” shaped timber pile wharf structure originally constructed in 1961 with a closed face piling and a wave break on the east side of the structure.
- Marine Slip – a slipway for the commercial fishing community.
- The HQ Property – in the heart of Downtown Summerside, the HQ Property offers professional office space for lease overlooking the waterfront with ample parking available.
- Harbourview Place – a commercial area available for development in the heart of Summerside’s downtown.
- Dixie Lee Property – a commercial property currently home to a local family restaurant.
- Spinnakers’ Landing – a lively waterfront marketplace where local artisans operate a number of shops and restaurants.
- Yacht Club Breakwater – this breakwater was constructed of Island sandstone and is used to provide protection for the marina.
- Main Breakwater – This structure, located at MacCallum’s point, is approximately 963 metres in length. A lighthouse, managed by Fisheries and Oceans, is situated at the end of the breakwater; this lighthouse and the land upon which it is situated are not owned by the Corporation.
- The Summerside Port is well positioned for shipping activity from along the Eastern Seaboard of the US, the St Lawrence Seaway, and Atlantic Canada.
- Tidal range of 1.5 m (5′)
- Summerside Port is located approximately 25 km from the Confederation Bridge, the year-round connection between the Island and the mainland.
The Marine Terminal includes:
- a transit shed comprised of 4,970 m2 of heated space
- a Forklift Storage and Workshop (418.5 m2)
Please note that these depths may vary along the berth lengths, and we recommend that you contact the Harbour Master at 902-888-8856 for more details.